Thank you for your interest in our preschool. After looking closely at what we offer, we hope you’ll decide to join us. We encourage you to learn more about our classes, come in for a tour, and then submit an application!
Age by 8/31: under 1 yr
Tuesday or Friday
Age by 8/31: 1 year
Age by 8/31: 2 years
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Age by 8/31: 3 – 5 years
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Age by 8/31: 4 – 5 years
Spanish Multiage Class
Age by 8/31: 6 mos – 5 yrs
Tues or Wed or Thurs
Age by 8/31: varies
What to expect
Cooperative preschool is about involvement. Children attend class each week – at least once with their parent, grandparent, or other caregiver – to engage in a fun, learning experience.
As the caregiver in class, you get the unique opportunity to play an integral role in your child’s first educational experience. You can expect to work together with other caregivers and the teachers to create a safe, dynamic environment for the children to explore. Basic co-op duties include periodically providing snack for the class, helping with classroom cleanup, participating in school events, and holding a Board, committee, or class position for the year.
As the caregiver in class, you can expect to…
- Learn more about child development;
- Explore your own goals for your family;
- Deepen your bond with your child;
- Strengthen your communication and parenting skills.
You can also expect to meet other families with children going through similar milestones, joys, and challenges as yours. One of the many benefits families experience while participating in our co-op is long-term family friendships. It’s true when they say it takes a village, and a village is just what our preschool provides.
Tuition, FEES, and Fundraising
You are expected to pay monthly tuition to the preschool for your child, as well as quarterly tuition to North Seattle College for your parent education portion of the class.
- Tuition for the 2022-2023 school year is…
- $55 per month for our Infants Class.
- $60 per month for each Toddlers Class.
- $90 per month for our Pre-3s Class.
- $145 per month for our 3-5s Class.
- $220 per month for our 3-5s Class and Pre-K Class extended day program ($145 + $75).
- $60 per month for our Spanish Multiage Class.
- $90 per month for each Summer Class.
- Tuition is discounted $10 per month per class if you enroll one child in two concurrent classes. This discount includes our Saturday Spanish Multiage Class.
- North Seattle College tuition for one parent is…
- $56.38 for each fall, winter, and spring quarter for our 3.0 credit parent education class.
- $26.12 for the summer quarter for our 1.5 credit parent education summer class.
- If you choose to park a vehicle on campus, the parking permit fee is $50 each quarter.
- There is a non-refundable registration fee of $40 per year.
- Every family has a goal of raising at least one month’s tuition through fundraising over the course of the school year.
If costs are prohibitive for your family, you can apply for a scholarship through our Parent Advisory Committee. See Scholarship Information.
Interested in joining one of our Classes?
Come in for a Tour
An in-person tour during class hours provides an opportunity for you to meet our teachers, see our classroom, and watch us in action. The tour will help you determine if our preschool will be a good fit for your child. We love our school, and we want you to know that you will, too.
We are located on the North Seattle College campus in the Instruction Building, rooms 1407 and 1304 (find us on Google maps). The street address is 9600 College Way N. The North Seattle College website has a clickable map of the campus, an outline of transportation options, and the most up to date permit prices. Parking on campus is by paid permit, but we have free load zone spaces for drop off, pick up, and tours. Street parking is also available just off campus.
submit an application
After touring our preschool and confirming it’s a good fit, we encourage you to apply online. Applications will be processed according to the schedule set by the North Seattle College Cooperative Preschool Program.
- January 14, 2023 – Priority registration begins for families continuing in the same co-op preschool;
- January 28, 2023 – Transfer registration begins for families transferring from one co-op preschool to another;
- February 11, 2023 – Open registration begins for all families from the community;
- March 22, 2023 – Open registration begins for our summer classes.
Your non-refundable registration fee is due within 48 hours of admission notification to accept a spot in our class.